About the Cape Ann League
Currently the Cape Ann League consists of twelve high schools serving twenty cities and towns north of Boston. Those schools are:
- Amesbury High School
- Georgetown Middle High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Ipswich High School
- Lynnfield High School
- Manchester-Essex Regional High School
- Masconomet Regional High School *
- Newburyport High School
- North Reading High School
- Pentucket Regional High School
- Rockport High School
- Triton Regional High School
* Beginning with the 2020-21 school year Masconomet will join the Northeastern Conference
For most sports the league is divided into two divisions based on enrollment. The larger schools compete in the Kinney Division, while the smaller schools play in the Baker Division. A league champion is declared for each division.
The Cape Ann League is in District A, as determined by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA). Cape Ann League teams that qualify for the postseason begin play across all divisions (1-6 depending upon the sport) of the North Sectional, with most teams typically competing in divisions 2, 3, and 4.
Nearby leagues include the Northeastern Conference, the Merrimack Valley Conference, and the Commonwealth Athletic Conference.